Honesty Alert: I’ve never been a fan of lentils. In fact, I’m not a huge fan of beans in general. That is, until I was gifted this recipe by my mother’s friend a few months ago. Now I’m hooked…and so is everyone else who tries this delicious dip. And the cherry on top? It’s SUPER easy and quick to make.
Whether you’re creating an antipasti spread at home, or contributing to a party potluck, this dish is guaranteed to satisfy even the most lentil-averse critic.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vegetable seasoning
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup currants (these don’t have to be the crazy expensive kind)
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
Whisk together oils, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, and spices. Add lentils, pepper, green onion, and currants. Mix well.
This recipe makes about three cups of salsa. It’s sweet and tangy, and goes great with rice crackers or tortilla chips.